Sunday, April 6, 2014

Look Ma, it's 2013!

Kind of weird, but time keeps clicking along....

Let's see.......Dad is moving to Las Vegas to be near his ladyfriend and her pals--this is a good move. He found a geezerville (his words, you know) that he likes well enough, and the apt in SD will be up for sale soon. It's emptied out, and I will have the mirrors from the wall. He's giddy, and Stephen and I are so glad he's happy.

Your granddaughter just finished a Sondheim show (Into The Woods) at the Studio nearby. She's really loving acting and dancing. She's doing pretty well in school, and Mark and Fran and Seth are working hard to make sure that she finds the right college. I think that she's going to love college.

I'm so tired of my job. If I didn't have the boss I have and the pay and benefits, I'd bail. One of the staff lied to Mel today about something involving me, and I'm really hurt. Someone else told me that they thought they were sent to a mandatory training class because they weren't doing their job well--I sent them the info and thought I'd informed them, but obviously I hadn't.

I don't want to babysit anymore. Seth is right that I'd be good at telling people how to deal with people/situations, but only the ones who WANT to be told. Work is so crap right now--one person is probably leaving and there is a person who is the cause of that, but that's all a mess. We have to make some strategic shifts in the department and the staff will be up in arms about that.  We found out that there was a withholding of information that could be very problematic regarding computer systems...there are new processes that will freak out the whole place and I just don't want to deal with it at all any more.

I want time to explore my art. I want to be here at my house. I want to spend time with my old dog. I want to do those things that are meaningful to me. All the day-to-day work crap gets in the way of that, and then there's the family things on top of that. I have to work for the money and the benefits. ACK.

My dear husband is doing so well. He's still losing weight like crazy, just bought a few new clothes. He's working another start-up biz, but in the second fiddle slot which makes it a tiny bit simpler.

I'm going to eat a brownie and go to bed. I love you, mom. Wish I could call you up.

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment