Sunday, April 6, 2014

April

Hi Mom,

Your granddaughter is tearing it up. She's got the role of Feste in 12th Night. You'd about burst to see her onstage spouting the Bard. She's channeling Tim big-time. Tomorrow, she leaves for a college tour with Tris. They're visiting Swarthmore, Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Oberlin, Kenyon, UC Santa Cruz and Mills. I simply cannot fathom that she is almost ready to go to college.

On top of that, she's directing a show for Drama Fest at school. She's got a cast of about 11 to wrangle, with dance and music in the show as well as acting. She's always been good at pushing people around when she needs to (and sometimes when she doesn't), and I think she'll be fine at it.

I'm knitting up a storm again. It sort of comes and goes with me. I should be blocking a shawl right now, but I know it's been a long time since I wrote, so I thought I'd just stop and take a minute.

Dad is really doing well. He's splitting time between Vegas and CA with Shirley. I am reinforcing what he already knows, that you'd want for him to be happy. He misses you terribly, though. That's as it should be. There's no reason that anyone's heart can't hold more than a single person at a time. I do wish he'd come here and see Marion before she floats away to school. I'd really like him to see her on stage, but I don't know if that will happen or not.

Haven't heard from da brudda in a while, but I haven't reached out, so that's on me, too.

Work is still work, I like it and I don't. I really don't want to do this any longer, but I'm really kind of in it for the health care coverage. I promised to support a family when I got one, and I really don't want to go back on my word. I just wish I could magically find something else that would pay and have the same or better benefits level. I'm too lazy to actually make it happen, so I guess everyone will just have to put up with my kvetching. Or not.

OK, no real news other than that of the amazing girlie. I love you, Mom. I'm holding onto the orange threads you left me--now I have orange clothes, an orange phone cover, and orange glasses. I'm glad you reintroduced me to this warm color before you left. It makes me think of you, and it makes me happy.
xxxooo
LYMY

No comments:

Post a Comment