Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble gobble

I sense a theme here, holiday posts.

I remember that you always said that Thanksgiving dinner was the one meal you never minded cooking. Mostly I remember the ones in AZ, around the clawfoot table. That notwithstanding, the one in Japan with the pastel-colored marshmallows on the sweet-potato casserole was quite a memorable one.....

It's an odd day here, Mom, it's been snowing off and on this week, and we have about two to three inches on the ground, though it's warming up and supposed to rain today. I got stuck downtown Monday night and stayed in an old hotel that you and Dad would love, the Sorrento. Tiny old lift with a carpet that has the day of the week on it, nice cozy bed and a sitting room and a VERY COLD marble bathroom.

We're off to the Readers here in a minute, but I'm thinking of you and wishing I could give you a hug and kiss and cuddle up next to you on the couch while you do embroidery and I knit.

XXOO
LYMY

kt

No comments:

Post a Comment