Friday, April 2, 2010

April is here

Hi Mom,

It's Friday night and we're now moving into April. Met with the Tiefs last night at the restaurant where we are planning to hold your celebration. The food was delightful, the service impeccable, and the private room is lovely. We all agreed that it would be an appropriate place to spend an afternoon in your honor.

I got a raise today, and a nice bonus. This makes my fourth raise in two years, and my second bonus (this year's is double last year's). I think this job is working out pretty well. It was such a hard decision, coming up here and leaving Arizona, and I know you felt sort of left behind, and I wish I could make you understand all the reasons for needing to do it. It's ok, I'm applying your logic--remember when you told me not to question my decisions for Marion? Well, this was one of them. Not to mention a biggie for Seth and I.

It's rainy and cold and very windy. The daffodils are about done, and the tulips are starting to show off. Noticed too that the lilac bushes are beginning to be budded. Looking forward to spring. I want to plant some veggies and some flowers in our great big yard. The birds are back, as long as I keep the suet feeder going, they visit. Need to hang the thistle feeder on the shed out back--the eaves will keep it dry and hopefully bring more visitors to the new birdba that Seth made for me this Christmas.

Dad sent more of your clothes-Marion fits well into some of them, and I think I have found a place to donate the others. I don't want them to be sold, I want someone to have them. The fuzzy ski hat from the 70's is a HOOT! Dad said to tell Marion not to forget to feed it every day.

I love you, Mom, and I want you to know that I'm wearing your big gold ring. I didn't plan to, but it just feels right. It makes me happy to have that weight on my finger and to think of you. I'll be talking to Glenna soon and we'll make more plans for the celebration. It will be simple and elegant,and I think that you'll be pleased.

LYMY,
XXOO

kt

No comments:

Post a Comment